Wednesday 31 March 2010

promises..

it's stupid o clock in the morning (1.50am) and i've stumbled across some old texts

reading through them, all i can see is promises left hanging
either they were broken, or the promises were never fulfilled
so, whats the point in making all these promises if theyre just going to be ignored?
i mean, i'm not saying i've never broken a promise, cos i'll be the first to admit i've broken a fair few, mostly promises to myself.

breaking a promise to yourself is a bit crap really
it's like i'm setting myself these goals, yet somewhere inside, i know it ent gonna happen, but i still make these promises to myself. So, i kinda make it mean something when i make a promise to someone else.

letting myself down, i'm fine with, cos i can pick myself back up, and i knew it wasn't really going to happen to start with, but with me, if i dont set myself anything, i won't do it, so i might aswell try and get a bit closer.

If i let someone else down then.. thats just the biggest slap in the face ever. in my eyes if you make a promise to someone, thats cos you care about them and reinforce your trust even if it really doesnt need to be reinforced. So by breaking a promise you bruise the trust, and whats a friendship without trust? its nothing :/ loosing trust means you loose respect too, and if i break a promise, i'd try and make it up in another way, if i didn't, then id be far too guilty, and then i'd probably loose respect for myself. How can you expect other people to respect you if you can't respect yourself?

"How can you save me, when you can't save yourself?" Hatebreed -Empty Promises.

if promises keep getting knocked away, doesnt matter whether you were bothered about it or not, you loose a bit of faith each time.

anyway, i've just realised, so far this blog has just been rants
i'll put happy stuff in :)
cos im a happy person, honest

Out.




No comments:

Post a Comment